2019 Guard Houston
Lifeguard training and certification is required for all new and returning guards
Use this page to register for a training and certification class, which may be a pre-requisite to beginning work. Know your status. For additional study material, see the Red Cross mobile application library.
Information on Our Certification Programs
Lifeguard Training ($195, 3 day class)Recertify for Returning Guards ($125, 1 day)Cardio Pulminary Rescusitation ($65, 1 day)Water Safety Instructor ($250, 1 day)Swim Coach Safety Training ($143, 1 day)
- This course focuses on team communication, situational awareness training, rescue techniques, working with the public, and basic facility cleanliness and maintenance
- You'll be subjected to a physical test for these qualities: swimming strength, brick retreival from the dive-well, distance and endurance, and hands-on rescue ability
- Upon successful completion of the physical evaluation, CPR and First Aid training, and passing a written examination, you'll be issued the relevant certifications
- This'll be a single-day re-evaluation of your capacity to function as a lifeguard.
Passing this course updates each of your relevant certifications to this year
- If you're interested in taking on more responsibility, check out these job postings:
Apply for: Head Lifeguard, Lifeguard Supervisor
- Returning guards, please let us know you intend on coming back by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at 713-609-9489
- One day of training gives you CPR theory, instructions, actual practice, and a testing program. Upon passing, you'll receive an updated certificate to validate your skill.
- The American Red Cross mobile app comes with a useful CPR study lesson:
- ARC also hosts a CPR and First Aid review website:
- Water Safety Instructors are trained to be proficient, comfortable and reliable in an aquatics environment. WSI training and this credential are a valuable asset for trainers
- Sea Animals instructors, coaches and other professionals benefit their careers by seeking this knowledge and the certification paper offers a level of credibility
- We value our skilled SSA instructors, and opportunities are available to prospective youth educators. Apply for a Swimming Sea Animals instructor position
- Swim Coaching requires full aquatic activity confidence and supreme attention skills in order to provide a comfortable and safe environment for swimmers
- The class covers how to maintain a safe environment with accident prevention lessons, and how to properly respond if an emergency occurs
- Participants take part of the class online, and go through a pool evaluation session to complete the certification. See our post on Swim Coach Safety Training for details
Register for a 2019
Guard Houston Education Course
Complete the Guard Houston employment application for a Job App confirmation code.
TRAINING ENROLLMENT FORM (RESET)