Latest AnnouncementsFrom your local, modern
Seasonal menu item specials
1st Annual Swim-A-Thon
Here’s how Swim-A-Thon works: you pledge or donate a certain amount of money for the laps in the pool your swimmer can swim. 100% of your contributions will be donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. You can either make a flat donation or sponsor your swimmer per lap.
Some quick stats about blood cancer, such as leukemia:
- Every 3 mins someone is diagnosed with blood cancer
- Every 9 mins someone dies from blood cancer
- There are 1.2 MILLION people living with, or are in remission from a blood cancer
- Leukemia, is the #1 deadliest cancer that affects children
Safety Training for
The Safety Training for Swim Coaches course helps to fulfill the Coaches Safety Education requirement for
- Preventing accidents and emergencies
- Responding to ill or injured swimmers in water or on land
- Maintaining a comfortable and safe environment for swimmers
Safety Training for Swim Coaches Certification
is a Two-Step Process
Step 1: Safety Training for Swim Coaches Online Content
Individuals who are interested in taking Safety Training for Swim Coaches should complete the Safety Training for Swim Coaches, Online Content Only course. This course includes web-based delivery of content and an online exam.
Step 2: In-Water Skills Verification
National coaching governing bodies including
- Shallow Water Lifeguarding
- Aquatic Attraction Lifeguarding
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches In-Water Skills Session
All students must be at least 15 years of age by the end of the course and be comfortable in chest-deep water. The curriculum includes both an online portion and an in-water skills session.
Class Cost: $143
Student will pay the $18 ARC fee when accessing online portion via their portal.
Guard Houston Junior Lifeguarding Camp for Ages 11–14
Since last season, we've helped youth gain critical aquatics safety knowledge with our pre-lifeguarding training program. The class runs six hours a day, completing a session in one week. That's five days of training, and upon completion the student will be presented their Guard Houston Junior Lifeguard Camp certificate of completion.
Providing education to this demographic allows us to incorporate the appropriate disciplines, skills, and focus into a curriculum that's presented in an environment removed from the pressure of real world job performance. When the person is of age to guard, they may present their training as good preparation to join the Guard Houston lifeguard staff.